O2 Rest of World Pass
From 17th November the Rest Of World Pass is replacing the Worldwide data Bolt On and Worldwide 24 hour data Bolt On. There are two types: the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass and the Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass, with O2 Travel continuing to serve Europe.
The Rest Of World Pass gives customers minutes, texts, and data in 87 countries outside Europe, and data in the rest of them. So it complements O2 Travel’s calls, texts and data which is available in Europe only (O2 Travel has a Fair Usage Policy of 200 minutes and 200 texts per 24 hours).
The Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass is £7.50 for 24 hours, and for that customers get 200 minutes, 200 texts and up to 500MB data for 24 hours outside Europe.
The Rest Of World 30 Day Pass is £99 for 30 days, and customers get 2,000 minutes, 2,000 texts and up to 5GB data for 30 days outside Europe.
Both Passes include tethering to laptops and tablets.
How to opt in-
Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass
• Get 1 Pass every 24 hours by texting BUYROW24CAP1 to 23336
Rest Of World 30 Day Pass
• Get 1 Pass per Billing Cycle by texting BUYROW30CAP to 23336
Why are O2 doing this?
Europe is subject to a complete overhaul of Roaming as new EU Regulations are imposed from 15 June 2017, as a result of this the Rest Of the World has become a separate battleground. The latest information from Brussels is suggesting that customers should be entitled to use entire domestic bundle for EU roaming. Although networks will be given powers to tackle abuse. O2 Consumer have extended O2 Travel to 30 countries outside Europe in July, so they are introducing the Rest Of World Pass which is replacing the Worldwide data Bolt On to make it a market leading offer.
What does this mean for O2 customers
• The Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass will automatically be applied to all compatible customer tariffs, so there’s no need to apply for the Rest Of World Pass. You’ll only pay on the days you use it.
• Now customers can leave their mobile data switched on when you’re roaming, because you’ll always know exactly what you’re paying.
• Travelling for business means you might arrive anytime. That’s why our Rest Of World Pass gives you 24 hours of calls, texts and data, not just till midnight. So you’ll need less passes each trip.
If you would like to know more about how it can help your business, get in touch with us by calling 0845 606 1000 or email email@example.com.