Product & Propositions O2 Traveling EU
What’s changing in April 2016?
1. 12 April: We’re improving our O2 Travel proposition to include voice and sms as well as data
2. 28 April: We will be reducing the pricing of our standard rates in Europe due to EU Regulation
From 12 April, customers can travel in Europe without worrying about how much it’ll cost them to use their phone or tablet. They’ll pay just £1.66 for each day they make calls, send texts and use data in Europe.
What’s included in the new version of O2 Travel?
- Customers will pay just £1.66 for each day they make calls, send texts and use data in selected O2 Travel destinations, but fair usage does apply with 120 outbound minutes and 120 outbound texts per day.
- And what about data? That stays the same with customers getting unlimited data, but reduced speeds after 50MB unless they choose to pay another £1.66 to get another 50MB of data at full speed. And remember, the daily charge applies from midnight to midnight UK time.
What triggers a £1.66 charge for O2 Travel?
- The £1.66 charge will be triggered automatically when calls are made to other O2 Travel destinations including the UK, or when texts are sent or data is used. Any unused data, calls and texts won’t be carried over to the following day. O2 Travel won’t be triggered by receiving calls or text messages.
How does the fair usage policy work for the outbound calls and texts?
- The single daily charge is subject to a fair usage policy of 120 outbound texts per day and 120 outbound calls per day within Europe and back to the UK only (the “fair usage policy”). A customer will be sent a text message notifying them if they have exceeded the fair usage policy. If they fail to adhere to the fair usage policy on more than one occasion in a 12 month rolling period O2 will automatically transfer them to standard EU roaming rates.
Who will get the new version of O2 Travel?
- Existing customers opted into O2 Travel will benefit as will any other business customers that choose to opt in.
- But there is more good news, this version of O2 Travel will also be available to Mobex, B4B PAYU and Data Only tariffs. This opens up the availability of the product to our Mid-Market and Partner base.
If you would like to know more about O2 Traveling, get in touch with us by calling: 0845 606 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org