Microsoft Office 2016
The new Office 2016 delivers new value for Office 365 subscribers with a focus on collaboration, upgraded apps, pairing with the new Windows 10 OS, and security features that businesses will love. There will also be a new delivery model giving subscribers more frequent updates with new features and improvements. The release of Office 2016 for Windows also sees a release for Office 2016 for Mac as a one-time purchase option, along with new enhanced Office 365 services.
The new Office 2016 delivers a new set of features built for making teamwork seamless. These include:
- Real Time Co-Authoring – Although this has been available in Office Web Apps since 2013, it is now available in the Office native apps. Real time co-authoring is now available in Word, so you can see what others are writing immediately.
- Skype for Business – is now available in all client apps, allowing you to IM, screen share, talk or video chat straight from your documents. There is also now an option to start a real time co-authoring session from any conversation or meeting
- Office 365 Groups – Groups are now available as part of Outlook 2016, and there is a new Outlook Groups App for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Groups allow individuals to create public or private teams. Groups include a shared inbox, calendar, cloud storage and a shared OneNote notebook.
- Office 365 Planner – Designed to help teams organise their work by creating new plans, organise and assign tasks, set due dates and update status. The planner gives users a visual dashboard and e-mail notifications to help keep everyone informed. Planner will be available in preview to Office 365 First Release customers next quarter.
- Tell Me – allows users to quickly and easily find the right Office feature or command and is now available on all native apps.
- Lookup – Brings insights from the web straight into your documents.
- Excel 2016 – Allows publishing straight to Power BI and new modern chart types to make sure you get the most from your data.
Although there is now a large emphasis on delivering Office across platforms, the true “home” for Office is Windows. Together Office 365 and Windows 10 are the complete solution –
Windows Hello – allows you to sign in to your PC and Office 365 with a simple look or a touch – no need to type a password.
- Outlook 2016 Support – will allow Cortana to become smarter and more useful by gathering intelligence on your Office 365
- Continuum – with Office Mobile apps on Windows phones, your phone can now act as a desktop, and you can project, create or edit your documents from your handset to a monitor.
- Sway on Windows 10 – released in early August, Sway allows you to provide the content you want to display and it’s simple and intuitive interface creates shareable and interactive stories that look great on any screen.
- Office Mobile Apps – word, Excel and PowerPoint are touch friendly, fast and easy to use making them great for on the go productivity.
If you are interested or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling: 0845 606 1000 or email: email@example.com