Introducing our Digital Specialist
We’re delighted to introduce our Digital Specialist, James Slater. Originally from Cumbernauld near Glasgow, James is now based at our head office in Dumfries. He has 16 years experience in IT and Telecoms.
A little bit about James
My passions in life are my family, my football team, and technology. I am especially passionate about technology solutions that allow us to be more productive, collaborative, flexible, social and ultimately more profitable, not just in monetary terms but in our work/life balance. I love to solve problems by using technology solutions.
I have extensive knowledge in many aspects of IT and Telecoms – especially On-Premise and Cloud based Technologies and Solutions. I see the cloud as not being future technology but present technology that enables our futures. The cloud is an established platform, and with ever increasing advancements in connectivity (Fibre Broadband, 4G etc), the ‘cloud’ thing we spoke about a few years ago is now reality. We all work differently than we did a few years ago, and the cloud is enabling us to do so.
I see businesses changing their working habits, and allowing their teams to work more socially and like a network, “many hands make light work”, “2 minds are better than one”, are all things that our digital and cloud technologies enable us to bring to fruition and see the positive results of.
- Started out as a Production Programmer, working in Connecticut USA. Developed database applications for a Data Warehousing company, who sold demographic data to fortune 500 companies.
- Returned to the UK, where I worked for 5 years with Bell College now the University of the West of Scotland as an IT administrator
- Worked for Dumfries and Galloway Council Education as a Network Administrator at Dumfries High School for 6 years.
- Moved to Alchemist Technologies as a Technical Manager in 2011, where I managed and coordinated a team of field engineers and helpdesk technicians.
- Became the Solutioneer Coordinator and Project Manager at Purple ICT (after the acquisition of Alchemist Technologies), until my move to Digital Specialist for Atlas Communications in April of this year.
Get in touch with James: email@example.com
Click here to connect with James on Linkedin.
If you would like to know more about cloud technology or other IT solutions, get in touch with us today by calling: 0845 606 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org