How do we collect information about you?
Cookies are common and do not harm your system – they just store or gather site information. They help you do things online, like remembering log on details so you don’t have to re-enter them when revisiting a site.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites
- Ensure your privacy in our secure sites
- Store login details for our secure sites
- Temporarily store details input into our calculators, tools, illustrations & demonstrations
- Store details of your marketing, product & business unit preferences to improve our targeting & enhance your journey through our sites
- Evaluate our sites advertising & promotional effectiveness (we own the anonymous data collected, which is not shared with anyone).
We use both our own (first party) and partner companies’ (third party) cookies to support these activities.
What are cookies?
Cookies are harmless text files that web servers can store on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a site. They allow the server to recognise you when you revisit.
There are two main types:
- Transient (or per-session) cookies – these only exist for your site visit and are deleted on exit. They recognise you as you move between pages, for example, recording items added to an online shopping basket. These cookies also help maintain security.
- Persistent (or permanent) cookies – these stay on your machine until expiry or deletion. Many are built with automatic deletion dates to help ensure your hard drive doesn’t get overloaded. These cookies often store and re-enter your log-in information, so you don’t need to remember membership details.
We use both types of cookies.
Additionally, cookies can be first or third party cookies. First party cookies are owned & created by the website you’re viewing. Third party cookies are owned & created by an independent company, usually a company providing a service to the website owners.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We may put your information on the Atlas customer systems and use it in the following ways:
- to supply and manage any services we provide to you
- to improve and develop the products we offer
- to learn more about you so that we can identify products and services which may be of interest to you
- to tell you about our own and other companies’ products and services which may interest you. We may tell you by letter, phone (including automated dialing), digital television or email but we will only let other companies in our group contact you if you have expressly agreed that they can.
If you don’t want us to tell you about other products and services please write to our Head Office at Atlas.ICT, Irongray House, Irongray Road, Dumfries, DG2 0HS with details of any products you have with us.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
We may need to pass on your information to people who provide a service to us (although we only do this on the understanding that they keep your information confidential) and anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties. We may also disclose your information if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to.
If we transfer your information to a service provider in another country we will make sure that the service provider agrees to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to information held in the UK and to use your information only for the purpose of providing the service to us.
How long do we keep your personal information on file?
We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary and will take steps to ensure that it is kept up to date. You have a right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to ask what information we hold about you. You can do this by writing to our Head Office at Atlas.ICT, Irongray House, Irongray Road, Dumfries, DG2 0HS.
Please remember that internet communications are not secure unless the data being sent is encrypted. We cannot accept any responsibility for unauthorised access by a third party or the corruption of data sent to us.
Please do not send any personal information or anything about your account by standard email.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites and partners. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
We are always happy to hear from our customers. We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied with the service we offer. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Head Office address: Atlas.ICT, Irongray House, Irongray Road, Dumfries, DG2 0HS.
Telephone: 0845 606 1000